Fia Cottage, Hillwell, Quendale, Shetland, ZE2 9JD – situated in the South Mainland of Shetland, a short drive from Sumburgh, the main Airport in Shetland.
There is a bus stop nearby with frequent links to and from Lerwick, the main town in Shetland. Here you will find a number of bars, restaurants and shops.
This rural location makes Fia Cottage the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy the stunning scenery and wildlife Shetland is renowned for.
Sumburgh Airport/Quendale (10 minutes by car):
- When leaving Sumburgh Airport, you will find yourself driving over the actual runway, which also forms part of the main road
- Carry on along the main road and turn left at the junction to Quendale – here you will notice Allan’s of Gillock, Mainland’s Shop and Filling Station
- From here drive exactly 1.5 miles to Fia Cottage on the right, recognisable by the white wall and purple railings
- For anyone requiring transport from the Airport to Fia Cottage, Boddam Cabs are a reliable and locally based taxi service: www.boddamcabs.co.uk or telephone 01950 460 111
Northlink Ferry Terminal/Quendale (30 minutes by car:
- Exit the Ferry Terminal by turning left onto North road (A970)
- Turn right at the mini-roundabout then take 3rd exit at next mini-roundabout onto North Lochside (A970)
- At the next roundabout (at Tesco) take 3rd exit onto South Road (A970) then continue south approximately 21 miles
- Turn right at the junction to Quendale, where you will notice Mainlands’ Shop and Filling Station
- From here drive exactly 1.5 miles to Fia Cottage on the right, again recognisable by the white wall and purple railings